Freedom of information:
Last updated on 23 Oct 2009
The Forth Estuary Transport Authority came into effect on 1 April 2002, replacing the previous Forth Road Bridge Joint Board. The Authority is responsible for the management, maintenance and operation of the Forth Road Bridge.
The Authority comprises the constituent local authorities as follows:
- City of Edinburgh Council represented by 4 members
- Fife Council represented by 4 members
- Perth & Kinross Council represented by 1 member
- West Lothian Council represented by 1 member
The constituent local authorities are also public authorities, are listed separately under Part 3 of Schedule 1 of FOISA and therefore have their own publication schemes.
Facts & Figures
- High winds - Speed restriction on bridge (18:04 GMT 18/12/14)